The self-editable commented Patent Cooperation Treaty
- PCT.App is an annotated Patent Cooperation Treaty which tackles the well-known problem of the PCT that the articles of the treaty define only basic matter and the rules of the regulations have become a convoluted mix of legal provisions which is difficult to comprehend in full. The PCT.App, on the other hand, is directed to allow an easy start into the PCT and to find answers quickly. To this end, the structure is based upon the logic of the PCT Applicant's Guide, which mainly reflects the chronological processing of the international application. The articles and rules of the PCT are reordered according to this structure and enhanced by additional overviews and editors' comments, all to achieve quicker and more intuitive access.
- At the same time, the PCT.App allows to dig as deep into the PCT as you want. To this end, all relevant provisions of the PCT are included at least once. And, wherever the editors made a selection to focus on most important aspects, more advanced users may use the flexibility of the electronic platform to display any hidden details of the law or add further related legal provisions from an extensive database.
- Together with the EPC.App, the PCT.App enables bidirectional references as hyperlinks and convenient switching between EPC and PCT with a single login. The combination also allows to have both relevant reference books for the EQE from the same source with a common concept.
- Users who purchase annual licenses for both EPC.App and PCT.App, receive a discount of 50% on the second App, so that both together cost 150% of any single annual license.
- PCT.App is currently available in English only. The release of a German version with same content is planned for the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020. The content will be updated to the current legal status at least once per year (planned for November). A first update is planned for November 2019, which will take early user feedback into account and may adjust the balance between legal provisions duplicated for faster access and the total page count.